23.8.10

Ceebs

Mid semester break is cusping and I’ve got this mean ass business essay due before it starts. Do not fucking want. 2500 words of bullshit about strategy and whatever, the assignment sheet is still sitting at the bottom of my man sack. After you’ve smashed the keyboard for 6 hours straight focusing on one word at a time, you’ve then gotta write bibliographies and appendixes and reference lists and then have to find someone to bind this shit for you. It is actually going to ruin my whole week thinking about even starting this. Sometimes it makes you question why you even bothered with Uni in the first place.

During the last 2 or so years at school I’ve written dozens of essays. Pretty much all of them have been written the night before, scouring through google books and using the in-built APA reference system on Word ’07, even though pretty much every time I have I’ve been told my referencing is wrong. Fuck you I don’t care. I may have scraped through with a couple ‘low’ C’s but I have never gotten higher than an A miny.

Anyway, I am seriously curious/concerned about those people who actually buy the recommended textbooks and actually spend WEEKS preparing for this shit. What do you DO?! I’ve never believed in ‘studying’ or any of that nonsense but all I know is those people who whore the printers and print out all of the 15 readings provided for you for your assignment (which are free by the way, who needs the book?) are only getting half a mark higher than me. Did you enjoy spending $150 on that textbook? You only read one fucking chapter. I could’ve bought groceries for 3 months with that you selfish dickhead. I’ve copied off some quality essays in my time and I can spot those who’ve actually read the readings but was it really, really worth it? Mr. Employer isn’t going to say “wow, this faggot got an A on his interpersonal communication essay, he needs a job.”

While having a piece of paper saying you did well at school, or rather a reciept for the last 3 years of your life is nice, at the end of the day you’re going to get a job cause your dad is best mates with the head of HR, not because you flagged hooking up with some hoe frothing at the gash for a late night study party... with yourself. To sum it up in one word, ceebs.

Now for a quick school update.

I’m going to be applying for a suiting internship program run by a place called CAANZ. They filter through a couple hundred applications made up of a few questions such as “What is the craziest thing you’ve done in your life?” to “What is your favourite ad?” and churn out 20 or potentials. These potentials need to then give a 10 minute presentation on pretty much… yourself to the CEOs from all of the top agencies in Auckland who then select their favourites to partake in a 9 month, fully paid internship. While this is exciting, it’s fucking scary. I’m going to get onto during the upcoming break.

Also, Charles and I finished our PlanetFM campaign. I wasn’t there to help Charles present it to the IDQ but hopefully we’ve done OK. Once again, we were short on time, but tell us what you think!





No comments:

Post a Comment